Australian Integrated School File Dictionary & Thesaurus 2e
Out of Print Title - Hard To Get.
: Oxford University Press
: Dictionaries / Thesaurus
Oxford University Pr
Aust Integrated School File Dict And Thesaurus Second Edition
Edited at the Australian National Dictionary Centre in Canberra, this innovative reference book combines a dictionary and thesaurus in an in an easy-to-use volume that clips neatly into a ringbinder. Completely revised and updated, the Australian Integrated School File Dictionary and Thesaurus includes:
* over 15 000 headwords
* a simple respelling system to guide pronunciation clear definitions with Australian usage
* interesting and useful derivations that shed light on meaning and help with recognition of word elements
* example phrases or sentences that identify the different meanings of the headword and show how it is used in context
* the top section of each page contains the dictionary text, while the lower section contains corresponding thesaurus entries for two-thirds of the words covered by the dictionary
* new words and terms include ‘anime’, ‘webcam’, ‘counterterrorism’, ‘ringtone’, ‘cyberspace’, ‘techno’, ‘carbon offset’, ‘chocker’, ‘HDTV’, ‘google’ and ‘text’.