Cambridge Latin Bk 2 Student Bk (4e)
: Cambridge School Classics Project
: 8 & 9
Cambridge Latin Course Book II replaces Unit IIA and Unit IIB: Integrated Edition and covers Cambridge Latin Course Stages 13-20. The Integrated edition is still available, however, and will stay in print while there is sufficient demand.
Cambridge Latin Course - leading the world in Latin courses for 11-16 year olds.
This Fourth edition is an exciting new development in teaching Latin, published in response to feedback from users. It retains the popular and successful story-based approach of the Integrated edition, but adds a number of valuable new features:
• larger, clearer layout of stories and language notes, making the books even easier to use
• glossaries placed alongside the stories for quicker reference
• wide range of colour photographs to integrate language and culture and to provide greater visual appeal
• revised and expanded questions to help students with their understanding of the comprehension passages
• updated culture sections detailing cultural background and taking into account recent research into the Roman world
• Ease of use - each Stage contains model sentences, information on language, practical exercises, a vocabulary checklist and background information to supplement the main stories
• Interesting storylines to stimulate and maintain students' enthusiasm - stories are first set in Pompeii, and then in Britain, Egypt and Rome
• Systematic introduction of grammar - attention is paid to common phrase and sentence patterns as well as accidence and syntax
• Clear progression - stories are written with a gradual increase in difficulty before adaptions of Roman authors and original texts are introduced
• Supported by Teacher's Guides