Humanities Alive 1 to 4 are geared to cater for the new Victorian Essential Learning Standards (VELS). Humanities Alive 1 and 2 cover Level 5, and Humanities Alive 3 and 4, Level 6, together with additional Level 5 material on Civics and Citizenship. The revised edition of Humanities Alive 2 includes Antarctica.
The texts comprehensively address the Discipline-based Learning domain of Humanities. Concurrently, standards relevant to the Interdisciplinary Learning and Physical, Personal and Social Learning strands are embedded in the activities and extended through a range of worksheets and CD-based interactive tasks.
This visually stimulating series will engage the Middle Years learner, with its strong appeal to multiple intelligences. Its structured approach and its accessible and interesting content are crafted to help students readily absorb essential information and skills.
The Humanities Alive series is also packaged to cater for those schools which take a discipline-based approach to the teaching of Humanities.
* Activities structured for a wide range of abilities and intelligences, and signposted to reflect the non-discipline-based domains (e.g. Thinking, Communication, ICT ect.).
* Skillboosters scaffolding the application of pertinent reasoning, interpretation and geospatial skills.
* Checklists to encourage students to reflect on their own learning.
* Check and challenge spreads at the end of every chapter, to test understanding and knowledge and to apply and extend learning.
* A list of key terms at the end of every chapter, defining key terms bolded in the spread.
* Special chapters in the first three texts of the series that focus on political and legal procedures and systems.
All student textbooks in the Humanities Alive series contain an interactive CD-ROM.