This outstanding soft-cover student atlas is worlds ahead of the other atlases available at this price.
It provides students with a broad range of maps, integrated with the latest geographical statistics and data, such as fact files, photographs, satellite images, cross-sections, statistics and illustrations.
Written and produced by an experienced team of writers, researchers and cartographers it presents updated and new double-page broadsheets on important themes, issues and events from Australia and around the world.
This edition includes a wealth of current information, including:
• over 270 clear, easy-to-read maps
• the latest, most reliable statistical information available, including the ABS Census 2006 data
• enhanced satellite images that help students interpret map features and bring physical geography to life
• carefully chosen, clear images that extend students' understanding of map elements.
• improved contrast between heights.
• new labels, legends, settlement symbols.
• new choropleth colour ranges in thematic maps.
• stunning aerial photography.
Engaging themes that encourage students to explore important geographical issues and events
Australia – comprehensive coverage as well as detailed maps, for each state and territory and capital city.
Other countries and regions – incorporates maps, data and photographs to document our world.
World thematic – new, engaging thematic maps.