The Ecco! series treats student motivation, engagement and enjoyment as vital for successful learning. Teachers will also value the imaginative approaches, cultural authenticity, updated educational principles, logical sequencing, ease of use and practical support of the Ecco! series.
The Ecco! series is devised for the first four years of secondary school.
Ecco! uno is intended for three semesters' to two years' work.
Ecco! due is more advanced and is intended for two years' work.
Features and Benefits top
* clear statements of communication and cultural learning outcomes
* skillfully devised pre-teaching of new language structures
* inviting cartoon stories where targeted language and cultural elements are showcased through lively narratives and appealing characters
* a carefully phased, multi-faceted approach to building speaking skills
* clear and concise explanations with scaffolding of key language points
* helpful grouping and explorations of new vocabulary
* thinking strategies to help students make linguistic connections
* systematic pointers for mastering pronunciation
* extra reading material in varied text types
* extra, interesting cultural information and intercultural comparisons
* various extension tasks, including ICT and cross-curricula activities
* introduction to using an Italian-English dictionary
* Italian-English and English-Italian word lists
Table of Contents top
* Casa dolce casa
* Qualcosa da indossare
* Feste, film e festival
* Mettiamoci in forma!
* Amore, amicizia e acrobatica aerea
* Il mondo moderno: tecnologia, ambiente e arte
* Viaggi, vacanze e la vita all'estero
* Il vostro futuro: la scuola superiore e il mondo del lavoro